Friday, March 9, 2018

Did A Pro Solar Company Do You Wrong?

Did A Pro Solar Company Do You Wrong? Did they screw up your install? If so, who do you complain to?

screw installed by Pro Solar Hawaii
I thought that now is a good time to explain briefly just what to do if you feel your solar installer has ripped you off. Here in Hawaii we have THE REGULATED INDUSTRIES COMPLAINTS OFFICE (RICO). Its OK to go to the BBB, and Consumer Protection, But if the value is above a certain amount, you will need to go to (RICO). Sounds like a gangster thing, no?

This is where you file complaints for solar installers. I have filed a complaint against Pro Solar Hawaii here. It is case # CLB-2015-0231-L You will need to document everything and mail it by post to them. They then send you a letter saying that they will accept your case. As your case moves along, you just need to keep them updated..
My Pro Solar Hawaii Install example

Besides just filing there, you also can see all the complaints that have been made against a contractor. Had I known about it before I had hired Pro Solar Hawaii, I would have never done so. But, you need not make the same mistake I did with your solar installer. I may very well save you a lot of time and trouble with this post and advice.

If you want to file against your solar installer as I did Pro Solar Hawaii, You will need to start at: http://cca.hawaii.gov/rico/file-a-complaint/

Hope this post helps.