Friday, March 2, 2018

Pro Solar Hawaii Install Screw Up, No?

The photo below is just one of the screws Pro Solar Hawaii thinks is acceptable to secure my bank of 16 solar panels to my roof. Oh, I am going to show you about that in later posts. But for this post. we are just going to focus for now on this one screw for this part of the post.

Pro Solar Hawaii Workmanship

I am positive that anyone looking at this screw and knowing what it is, what it does, or even what is the load on that screw would think, "that ain't right!". I mean crap. It does not even look to be even in any kind of wood at all, no? Heck, if I'm wrong and it looks like its in wood, feel free to tell me so. I might need to go and get glasses. I definitely need to learn what "in wood means". But as I know "in wood" that means not JUST in the metal of my roof. It appears to me, that Pro Solar Hawaii does not know what "in wood" means. But, wait. Lets look at another photo before I ask you another question.

Pro Solar Hawaii Workmanship Review


Now, I'm not a big city architect or engineer. But I'm guessing every hanger bolt is supposed to penetrate at the center of the purlin and then a minim of 2' into a rafter or truss. On my house, the hanger bolts I'm guessing should have been placed every 48" to correspond to the rafter spacing. On my house, Pro Solar Hawaii put none of the bolts in a rafter. They hang through the purlin into the attic.

So to end this and let you contemplate these photos and the questions I've asked. I say, This is just a very small snapshot of major issues i have with Ryan Thompson / Pro Solar Hawaii, and their workmanship.

More interesting posts coming soon!