Monday, March 12, 2018

Blog brings down Pro Solar Hawaii, supposedly.

Ryan Thompson of Pro Solar Hawaii is claiming my blog post Review: Pro Solar Hawaii on my other blog: "COMPLETELY COST ME MY BUSINESS" and even was more dramatic by claiming  "I CANT MAKE MONEY".  Well now, isn't that just a crock?  I say there is another reason. I mean other than that I deeply feel that it's Pro Solar Hawaii's business practices that has completely cost him his business.

I did a simple search looking for news on the subject. It appears there is bad news about the solar installs here on the Big Island of Hawaii for 2017.

For example, MICHAEL BRESTOVANSKY  @ Hawaii Tribune-Herald Reports "the Hawaii County Department of Public Works issued 906 permits for photovoltaic solar projects in 2017, a 28 percent drop from the 1,256 issued in 2016." The story found at westhawaiitoday.com also reports Peter Shackelford, president of Renewable Energy Services in Honokaa, called 2017 a “survival year,” saying some of his competitors were unable to survive a significant decline in home solar installations.  (full story here)

That would put Pro Solar Hawaii in that category, no? If solar installers that I have not reviewed are not able to drum up business, how is my blog cause in effect? Maybe I just cherry picked a story to prove my point? Let's see:

Julia Pyper @ greentechmedia.com Reports "Other islands also saw permits plummet year-over-year. Permits fell by 28 percent on Hawaii’s Big Island (from 1,256 in 2016, to 906 in 2017) and by 59 percent on Maui (from 1,657 in 2016, to 676 in 2017). Last year’s total on Maui was down a whopping 80 percent from 2015."  (full story here)

Back in Dec. Mike Munsell, Stephen Lacey @ greentechmedia.com have a headline on their story that reads: "US Solar Installs Fall to Their Lowest Level Since 2015, as Uncertainty Swirls and Prices Rise" (full story here)

To close. I feel that Pro Solar Hawaii's loss of business is due to solar market trends. Not Pro Solar Hawaii's mean customer's blog.